• Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:42 pm
Select variation:

Welcome Anonymous !

Whíssper - 894 equipped Assassination Rogue

Post your shit in here, i don't care about amazing formatting just make it so that it doesn't give my eyes aids.

by peppepower » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Basic Character Information/History:

1. Character Name:

Whíssper

2. Class:

Rogue

3. Current Server:

Stormscale

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Assassination

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... per/simple

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and more recently in the current expansion?

I raided SSC (3/6) and TK (2/4) in TBC - had some really close attempts on Lady Vashj as well, but I was about 14 years old at the time and didn't know jack shit. I haven't raided properly since then until now but I've played every expansion, pugging raid content as I didn't have time to commit to playing due to irl commitments.

I came back to play for this expansion and this is my progression:

Emerald Nightmare 1/7 Mythic

Trial of Valor 3/3 Heroic

Nighthold 9/10 Heroic

If it were not for my computer blowing up at the start of ToV I would have 4/7 mythic progression in EN, achieved with my old guild DOMINANCE, with whom I progressed on Ursoc, Elrethe and Dragons. I have also had very close attempts on mythic Odyn.

7. What guilds were you previously in?

DOMINANCE - Sylvanas
Disbanded while I was on a break

Laganum - Stormscale
Decided to stop raiding after I transferred from Sylvanas to join. No hard feelings, but I came to Stormscale to raid so I don't plan on sticking around.

8. We raid on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20:00-23:30, are these times good for you?

These days are fine for me.

9. We use loot council system when it comes to handing out loot. Are you okei with this ?

Whatever system officers see fit to implement with regard to loot distribution I have no problem with.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? Link me a speed test or a picture.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6013125361

11. Please provide us with your basic computer information: Processor speed, Amount of memory, and Graphics card.

Processor: AMD FX Series FX-6300 3.5Ghz 6X
Memory: 8GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

I can play with no problems with graphics set at 5 - however I seem to not be seeing some ability warnings according to some of my former team mates. For example Gul Dan's Fel Efflux ability is apparently supposed to have an indication on the ground in the direction in which he's casting the ability - I can't see this despite my having graphics set to the correct setting - it's something I'm looking in to.

Knowledge of Class and Play-style:

*IMPORTANT*

12. Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine):

http://imgur.com/erIkXew
http://imgur.com/a/gfkrr

And just so you know how I placed in the fight:

http://imgur.com/a/VcpbR

Which I don't think is too bad on an extremely aoe heavy fight, only using FoK aoe to generate more CPs and get off more finishing moves - nerdgasm.

13. If possible, please provide us with a recent parse of your performance in a raid setting. Don't be lazy, go do a boss in LFR.

My parses for the last couple of weeks have sucked donkey balls due to my own idiotic tendencies. I was simming with an out-of-date simcraft after I got my computer fixed - don't judge me - so I was optimized completely wrong. I only realized this in time for Gul Dan progress on Sunday, so I have no recent parses with my new legendary and superior poisons build spec. I've never uploaded my own logs before, but after reset when I start clearing the raids again I will upload some better ones for you to see if necessary.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=-1

I can sustain about 600k and burst for about 1.3m on a dummy, which will improve with better legendary drops and further optimization. This of course can go up or down if I have good or bad luck with crits and/or procs, but most of all I'm now hoping for boots/bracers legendary drops which will really take my dps to another level. I am also behind on AP due to my forced break over ToV, sitting humbly at 36 points, but this is something that is definitely a priority of mine to get up as quickly as possible. Unfortunately I also have real life things to get on with (i.e an impending move to Berlin, Germany) that might slow down this process somewhat... god damn real life.

a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?

( Pawn: v1: "Whíssper": Agility=13.65, CritRating=11.02, HasteRating=8.09, MasteryRating=11.96, Versatility=10.37 )

That is my Pawn string, to which I abide by meticulously. I re-sim after I change every piece of gear, and sim any potential improvements in order to get the most out of my character. I gem, enchant and eat buff food according to which weight is highest excluding agility (minus the one gem) of course.

b. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

From stealth > Garrote > Envenom > Muti > Rupture > Muti > Vendetta > Muti to 5 CP (even if I overstack) > Vanish > Rupture > Muti > Briefly pool energy > Kingsbane > Repeat the following until Kingsbane debuff falls off target: Muti to 4/5 CPs > Envemom > Muti 4/5 CP > Envenom > Muti 4/5 CP > Envenom

After Kingsbane it is important for me to get as many envenoms off as possible, whilst clipping a debuff that my finishing moves apply to the target called Surge of Toxins. This requires intermittent energy pooling and getting envenoms off at the end off the debuff for maximum energy regeneration potential. Usually this translates into 3 or 4 4/5 CP envenoms getting off in the Kingsbane window.

I then use both Kingsbane and Vendetta off cooldown for the following cycle, then for the 3rd I want to try and line them both up together and repeat the above with Envenoms and SoT clipping.

I then use the following off cooldown:

Trinket
Arcane Torrent
30 Stacks of legendary cloak buff for 1050% increased damage Fan of Knives

I could also save trinket use and cloak stacks for heavy-aoe required moments in fights.

c. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

Elv UI, Tell Me When, Weak Auras, Doom Cooldown Pulse, Pawn, DBM and I plan on using Need to Know in the near future to track cool downs and improve the way I manage them.

15. A Train leaves the station at 3PM - It's carrying 355 Jews. If Jamal lights the oven at 1AM the previous night, when will it reach optimal temperature?

Jamal has lit an oven at 01.00 AM in anticipation of guests arriving off a train that departs for it's destination at 03.00 PM on the same day. The stupid fuck... never leave simple tasks to lesser-minded beings, he confused AM for PM when the fuhrer gave him the simple instruction of lighting the oven at 01.00 PM ready for our guests' arrival. These are mistakes that I, unlike Jamal here, would not make should I be approved to join your fine establishment. I would ensure that killn efficiency runs at it's maximum potential, ready to be used at all times of the day at but a moment's notice. Fucking Jamal and his blackwards way of doing things... we're committing genocide here, not roasting pigeons.

Personal Responses:

16. Age:
24 in February

17. Gender:
Male

18. From:
UK but grew up in Ibiza, Spain

19: Ethnicity:
I'm English, Welsh, Polish, French, Indian and I grew up in Spain - so as you can imagine I'm an extremely confused individual when it comes to how I identify.

20. Sexual preference:
Anything with 4 legs or more, I ain't fussy though

Finally... if you have any questions for me or want to contact me quickly you can do so in game: Peppepower#2819

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and taking some of what I said in jest in case you now think I'm some sort of deranged racist.
peppepower

Return to Applications

User Menu

Login