• Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 pm
Select variation:

Welcome Anonymous !

Hollyguard - Holy Paladin

Post your shit in here, i don't care about amazing formatting just make it so that it doesn't give my eyes aids.

by Hollyguard » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:06 am

1. Character Name:
Hollyguard

2. Class:
Paladin

3. Current Server:
Stormscale

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):
Holy/Ret

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ard/simple

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and more recently in the current expansion?
In TBC i was in a guild called Zaibatsu which raided until Black Temple (cleared all content before BT). After they disbanded i joined a guild called Vehemens with who i cleared BT full and the first boss in Sunwell. We couldn't kill any more before the nerfs so the guild went from HC to very casual very fast. Once WoTLK hit i was in a guild called Rune with which we cleared full Naxx 25 in mostly blue gear which is my personal best "achievment" but once Ulduar hit i had IRL stuff to take care of so i missed the whole of Ulduar and returned once ToC came out. I then joined Last Hope with who i cleared all the remaining WoTLK content on 25hc pre nerfs(player buffs). In Cataclysm i raided with Muffin Militia and we cleared all Cata content on 25m HC. After raiding 5 days a week in Cata on mains and alts and all of which were healers i was kind of fed up with WoW and had a break. I returned for ToT and SoO with a guild called O o O and we cleared full content on HC/Mythic. In WoD i raided untill Highmaul and cleared it full with the same guild but then they disbanded and so i took another break until late in HFC. I only cleared HFC HC and didnt even bother with Mythic. In Legion i have been playing since day 1 and started raiding and clearing EN HC with some people from the old O o O but was forced to leave WoW for almost 2 months (back injury at MMA practice) and once i got back i joined a guild of friends from Muffin Militia with who i cleared Mythic EN and HC ToV. Now i have done full normal/heroic clears at least twice on my paladin and have been watching streams and videos of most of the Mythic fights in Nighthold and even tho i'm 1/10 M i feel like i know almost all there is to know about mythic 5/10 from watching holy paladin streamers :). It is important to say that i leave this guild of friends because 1/3 of the raid wants progress and serious raiding and we are prepared to do anything that's necessary to get the kills but the rest of the people are content with slacking and generally not trying hard enough to learn their classes so we can have proper progress.
7. What guilds were you previously in?
Read #6 :)

8. We raid on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20:00-23:30, are these times good for you?
Yes, the 20:00 start is particularly convenient for me

9. We use loot council system when it comes to handing out loot. Are you okei with this ?
Is there any other loot system that works? o.O

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? Link me a speed test or a picture.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/6018439138.png

11. Please provide us with your basic computer information: Processor speed, Amount of memory, and Graphics card.
CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz
GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 1070 OC
RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 2666 MHz
MB: Asus Maximus Hero VIII
SSD: 512GB Samsung Pro
HDD: 1TB WD Blue
Monitors: 2x Dell P2417H + Benq XL2430T 144Hz(Main monitor)

Knowledge of Class and Play-style:
I believe that my dedication to the class and learning it to it's core is what makes me better than most paladins. I always research about the class and always stay up to date with any upcoming changes and always try to adapt even before they hit the live servers. I have been healing as a holy paladin since TBC hit and i got to 70. It has been my main character ever since. And as always having full knowledge of the class means nothing if you haven't got full knowledge of the fights that you are participating in, so i also always learn the fights and am ready to pre heal incoming damage rather than react to the damage once it hits. Other than seeing me "at work" with my paladin there isn't much else i can say.
Talents are almost the same on every fight and they are as follows:
Tier 1: Bestow Faith - basically the best spell for preemptively healing someone who is about to take damage, also useful to cast on yourself before using Sac on a tank etc etc.
Tier 2: Rule of Law - one of the most useful spells especially for Nighthold since most of the fights have a phase where people aren't stacked together and not everyone is reachable, this allows you to reach them and even increases your healing output by increasing the range at which your mastery gives you bonus to your heals.
Tier 3: Totally irrelevant in terms healing so any choice is good
Tier 4: Auras are always situational but most of the fights benefit from Aura of Mercy the most. On fights where a lot of damage needs to be healed asap, Aura of Sacrifice comes in for the save. Where mitigation is needed, Devotion Aura helps, but generally it's between Mercy and Sacrifice.
Tier 5: Holy Avenger - I feel this is the best choice here because you get an additional CD to help with your healing for single target
Tier 6: Judgement of Light - I think this talent is the best in this tier if there is only 1 holy paladin or if there isn't a lot of target swapping but generally for Nighthold fights, this is the go-to talent. Sanctified Wrath is a close second and even gets the win if you have the legendary belt but it is more mana intensive and generally better for shorter fights.
Tier 7: Beacon of Faith - the best out of this tier since most of the fights in Nighthold have both tanks taking damage at the same time either from melee attacks/ranged/dot debuffs/adds. Beacon of the Lightbringer is also a good choice but requires beacon swapping to get the most out of it. It also helps a lot on fights where the paladin is required to be with the range group as it applies the mastery buff to your healing near the tanks (melee group).
*IMPORTANT*

12. Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine):
http://prnt.sc/e3mi1k

13. If possible, please provide us with a recent parse of your performance in a raid setting. Don't be lazy, go do a boss in LFR.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps. Take these with a grain of salt, since there is another holy paladin in the raid that forces me to use "shitty" spec on some fights.

a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?
ATM with my current gear im soft crit capped so crit is NOT my most important stat atm since i already have 100% crit chance on holy shock without wings on. That said generally its Crit>Versa>Mastery or Crit>Mastery>Versa(if you can always stay near the raid and people you are healing). Atm the stat weights for me are as follow. Int = 1, crit = 0.61, mastery = 0.97, Versa = 0.98

b. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?
Rotation for healing...not really a thing but there are some steps to follow. Always use Holy Shock on CD and use the procs from it(2 with 4 set). Use LoD once more than 3 people near you are injured. Wings when big raid dmg is inc, and Aura Mastery as pre-assigned since i dont believe in FFA CD usage :D. Light of the Martyr ONLY when moving and above 80% hp.

c. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?
Generally i discuss with holy paladins with better mythic experience with me and spreadsheets from "The holy light and how to swing it".

15. A Train leaves the station at 3PM - It's carrying 355 Jews. If Jamal lights the oven at 1AM the previous night, when will it reach optimal temperature?
Assuming he activates it at 200 celsius degrees and all the heaters are fully functional in the oven, optimal temp would be reached arround 1:35 AM. Meaning the 355 jews' food will be cold once they arrive assuming whatever Jamal is cooking takes no more than 4 hours to cook fully.
Personal Responses:

16. Age:
17. Gender:
Male
Hollyguard

by Emtee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

emtee#2121
Emtee
Site Admin

Return to Applications

User Menu

Login